The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

Old 3rd September 2008   #1
Redtigrinus
(redtigrinus)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: redtigrinus has started on the right path
Default Axolotls for sale

Hello, everyone. I have a pair of Axolotls that I'm looking to sell. The male is Melanoid, about 18 months old and about 8 or 9 inches. The female is a white albino about 10 inches and she is about 2 years old. The females gills are little short, but she is healthy nonetheless.

Attached is a pic of the pair. The male is a little hard to see. Let me know if you need more pics and I will email them to you.

I'm looking for $150 for the pair, but I'm open to reasonable offers and trades. I'd be interested in juvie leucistic and melanioid axolotls and some cash maybe.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
ax5.jpg  

redtigrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008   #2
Kaysie
(Kaysie)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11
Default Re: Axolotls for sale

WOW! $150?? That's pretty steep. Most people give their axolotls away for free.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008   #3
John
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Kaysie, how about you moderate the message as well as responding to it :P.

Old 3rd September 2008   #4
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

That is an unusual looking coloured axolotl..looks like a leucistic with albino gills .

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008   #5
John
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

It's a leucistic albino (sometimes called a white albino).

Old 3rd September 2008   #6
Redtigrinus
(redtigrinus)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysie View Post
WOW! $150?? That's pretty steep. Most people give their axolotls away for free.
Well Kaysie, the axolotls werent given away to me and I certainly dont intend on giving them away. That is what I paid for them a year ago when I got them. They have bred once if thats of any consolation. But, I thought some people might feel the way you do, thats why I'm accepting reasonable offers and trades. If there are any interested parties that are not happy with my asking price, tell me a price you would be happy with and we can surely talk. Thank you.

Old 3rd September 2008   #7
John
Founder

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtigrinus View Post
Well Kaysie, the axolotls werent given away to me and I certainly dont intend on giving them away. That is what I paid for them a year ago when I got them. They have bred once if thats of any consolation. But, I thought some people might feel the way you do, thats why I'm accepting reasonable offers and trades. If there are any interested parties that are not happy with my asking price, tell me a price you would be happy with and we can surely talk. Thank you.
If I were you I would write a testimonial about the person who sold you axolotls for that much.

Old 3rd September 2008   #8
Redtigrinus
(redtigrinus)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
If I were you I would write a testimonial about the person who sold you axolotls for that much.
Hey guys I dont want to start any trouble. I just want to sell my animals, thats all. Again if some one is interested in the animals, but is not happy with the price, just tell me what you'd be happy with and we can talk. I'm pretty open. I put a lot of money into these animals and I just dont want to lose too much. Thanks.

Old 3rd September 2008   #9
Stef
(inkozana)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 1
Rep: inkozana has given consistently good advice and informationinkozana has given consistently good advice and informationinkozana has given consistently good advice and informationinkozana has given consistently good advice and information

You won't have much luck selling them for more than $50 I'd say, for both.
Though they do look happy and healthy, the average axolotl sold from a store goes for about $25AU here.

Tags
axolotls, sale