The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 8th July 2018   #1
Jade Woods

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jade Woods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many juvenile axolotl can be in 20 long

I currently have 2 axolotl in my 20 long about 2.5 and 3 inches. I'm planning to add 2 axolotls about the same size in there just for now. For how long can they stay together in one tank? I will definitely upgrade to a way much bigger tank for them soon.

Jade Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2018   #2
Isabella
(Dolphinlover55)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 21
Comments: 2
Rep: Dolphinlover55 has shown reliable knowledgeDolphinlover55 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: How many juvenile axolotl can be in 20 long

I'd say once your axies reach 41/2 - 5 inches you should give them a bigger tank. They should be fine though for the next couple of months since they are so small, but you definetly don't want to overcrowd them, especially since they are still considered to be in the cannibalistic stage :)