The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Fire-Belly & Sword-Tail Newts (Cynops & Hypselotriton) Perhaps the most famous and frequently bred newts in captivity, the fire-bellied newts and sword-tail newts are well known throughout the world as being excellent, gregarious captives.

Old 21st August 2007   #1
juraj

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 82
Comments: 8
Rep: juraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.orgjuraj is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default C orientalis adult and juvenile

I found a juvenile in adult tank. It has been raised with adults without any intervention. Real surprise for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7274170_1.jpg
Views:	3200
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1175  

juraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2007   #2
MRIGUY

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 0
Rep: MRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and informationMRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and informationMRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and informationMRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and informationMRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and information

Cute little spud.

MRIGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2007   #3
Jennewt
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Yes, very cute. Nicely "posed" for the photo, too. I am not so surprised. I am now raising most of my Cynops in the tanks with the adults.

Old 17th October 2007   #4
GE
(troutnerd)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: troutnerd has given good advice and informationtroutnerd has given good advice and informationtroutnerd has given good advice and information

I have exactly the same scenario in my tank. One day a morph just appeared on the cork. He/she's eating white worms but I've wondered why the adult FBN don't try to eat it!

GE

troutnerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adult, juvenile, orientalis