The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
BigSalamander

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: BigSalamander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should i fridge my axolotl?

My axolotl is only 3-4 months and he didn't poop for 1 week since i didn't see any poop in his aquarium for the past days. I heard that fridging him should help. Should i fridge him?

BigSalamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Should i fridge my axolotl?

Is he floating or sitting with his backside up?

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
BigSalamander

Nationality:

He doesn't float or anything, but im still worried for him since i didn't see any poop in his aquarium.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Is he eating normally?

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
BigSalamander

Nationality:

Yep, he's eating normally.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Okay it is possible that it is pooping and it's either hidden or been broken up by the axolotl. Check under decorations for poop and keep an eye out for little brown specks, they'll look like dirt. My axolotls love swimming through poop so it disintegrates and is very hard to siphon lol
You don't need to fridge at this stage. Keep an eye for a floating backside and loss of interest in food. What temperature is the tank kept at? Post a picture of your axie if you can as well :)

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
BigSalamander

Nationality:

Thank you for helping me, i was really worried for him. My water temps are usually between 15-20 degrees celsius. Heres a picture of my axie named snowflake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1915[390].jpg
Views:	7
Size:	369.6 KB
ID:	55340  

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

He looks so small! Lovely! The temperature is good. There could be poop hidden amongst the plants, I wouldn't worry right now. Let me know how he goes.