The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Tree Frogs Tree frogs of all kinds should be discussed here.

Old 5th May 2019   #1
Duckweed

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Duckweed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Red Eye Tree Frog tadpole health

This is my first post on Caudata. I have kept amphibians off and on for several years. I recently tried breeding Red Eye Tree Frogs and was very successful in egg production and tadpole rearing.I have about 20 2 month old tadpoles in a 10 gallon tank, plus over 100 3 week olds. The older tadpoles are beginning metamorphosis. They pretty much all have their rear legs. Within that last few days they have become extremely lethargic with several laying on their sides on the bottom. Activity has drastically reduced and I have had several moralities. Up to this point I have had no problems with very vigorous growing tadpoles and active eating. Water quality is good as far as I can measure, with no ammonia, pH of about 7. Any ideas at all as to the abrupt change in health and vigor?

Duckweed is offline   Reply With Quote