The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 9th September 2019   #1
Starryknights

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Starryknights is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Egg crate lid help

Hello! I'm trying to figure out how to fasten an egg crate light diffuser to my tank as a lid. I have a cat who likes to be up high, and I'm worried she might knock the lid off the tank and fall in. I have been looking at babyproof locks without much luck. If you have any suggestions for fasteners or alternate lids that would be wonderful. I do need something that fans can blow through because I don't have a chiller. Thanks for the help!

Starryknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2019   #2
Wyvell
(Wyvell)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Wyvell has shown reliable knowledgeWyvell has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Egg crate lid help

I usually just break it down into a piece that will sit inside the top frame o the tank and my cat wont be able to knock it off or pull it up because she would have to be on top of it to do that. if you have a rimless tank, I am not sure what you could do to prevent this.

Wyvell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Egg crate lid help

I made a lid for my rimless tank out of mesh and flyscreen door rod (no idea what it's actually called, I hope it makes sense lol. I'll link what I bought). The metal frame has grooves that fit on the glass. I just cut 4 pieces to size and glue them into a rectangle. I then glue the mesh on. Instead of the mesh you could glue the egg crate to the metal frame?
https://www.bunnings.com.au/pillar-2...frame_p0086340
Hope that might help!

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, help and advice needed, lids