The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl Gallery Post photos of axolotls and set-ups.

Old 20th May 2019   #1
lotldad

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: lotldad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Name suggestions? (Also tank suggestions welcome)

Hello, Caudata!
I'm new to the site and am proud to have used the information on this awesome forum page to help revamp my sweet Boogs' tank. Before, it was small and pretty dirty, because I didn't know better about the tank care. I only just transferred Boogs tonight, but I already think he's enjoying his new home.
While Boogs is Boogs' current name, I'm not totally set on him being called Boogs. I've had him for a good number of years now, and when I first got him I wasn't feeling very creative with naming conventions, so I just called him 'lotl. Now that I'm a little older and more attached to the little fella, I wanted to see if I could find a more fun and perhaps suitable name for my little booger.
Feel free to comment with either name suggestions or suggestions for things I can add to or change about the tank set-up. (Note that usually it's pretty dark in this room, I only had the lights on to take pics.) I'm open to either one. :) Mostly I'm just excited to be here. :D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_prs8hjrs5v1ty03ft_1280.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	55459   Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_prs8hh06Be1ty03ft_1280.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	55460  

lotldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2019   #2
Radiator3

Nationality:
Rep: Radiator3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Name suggestions? (Also tank suggestions welcome)

Aw heís so cute! I think Ravioli is an adorable name. Also for things to put in your tank, I put cut the bottom and top off of a plastic water bottle (tapped up the sharp edges) and used tape to attach a string so I could attach it to my lid. This created a floating tube for him to swim up to and around it. He seems to enjoy it and itís quite fun watching him play around with it.

Radiator3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2019   #3
lotldad

Nationality:
Rep: lotldad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiator3 View Post
Aw heís so cute! I think Ravioli is an adorable name. Also for things to put in your tank, I put cut the bottom and top off of a plastic water bottle (tapped up the sharp edges) and used tape to attach a string so I could attach it to my lid. This created a floating tube for him to swim up to and around it. He seems to enjoy it and itís quite fun watching him play around with it.
Ravioli IS adorable! Also, that bottle idea is kind of awesome. Does he ever swim through it, or is it more just of a bumping it around type situation?
I might try it, I've noticed a few times that he likes to swim up to the top of the tank and just like, bite at the air and swim back down. He might like to bump something around up there.

lotldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2019   #4
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

I usually name mine after pop culture references, my juveniles are Carol Danvers and Thor lol but random cute names are great, I love ravioli!
Small plastic shower shelves that suction to the glass are great for them to sit on. I have an old turtle dock that I use. I forced it to sit under the water (it's a floating dock) and my 2 love it. I've seen people use fine mesh hammocks as well, I'm planning on making one.

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, axie, introduction, names, not urgent, suggestions, tank