The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 5 Days Ago   #1
Ladyhollow

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Ladyhollow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not eating/spitting out worms

Hi all,

My axolotl recently had a fungal infection that I treated and successfully eradicated! I put him back in his tank (fully cleaned and cycled through prior) a couple of days ago. He seems hungry, goes for the worms as usual. The first few days were fine, he pooped as normal. However the last two days he regurgitated the worm, it appeared half digested. Today he goes for the worms, but immediately spits them back out. It looks like heís really trying to eat them, but canít. Heís had these worms before (red wrigglers), although these ones are a little smaller. I tried cutting them up and had the same result.

I have a feeling itís due to some stress, but he continued to eat just fine during his treatment. Iím not sure what to do! Heís a juvenile.

Any help appreciated.

Ladyhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy has given consistently excellent advice and informationHayleyy has given consistently excellent advice and informationHayleyy has given consistently excellent advice and informationHayleyy has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: Not eating/spitting out worms

What are your water parameters? Do you have any other food types to try?