The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 14th January 2019   #1
Fireguy

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Fireguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Canadian/Ontario Breeders

Hello everyone, my nitrogen cycle is about halfway done now at this point so I'm looking for reputable breeders in the Ontario/Canada region to buy an axolotl off of. I've done personal research but I don't know enough about all these breeders to know which ones are good. I know a good indicator is the price of the axolotl but I've found some for 30$ and then some for 200$ so it's hard to say if I'm getting ripped off or if 30$ means it's a poor quality breeding.

Thanks ahead of time for the suggestions!

Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Canadian/Ontario Breeders

I've never seen a $200 axie! They must be pretty special ones
Here in Australia they range, depending on size/age, from $15 (little ones)-$50. I have seen them for $70 but wouldn't pay that. Usually I have bought adults for around $40.
It will probably be different where you are but hopefully that will give you an indication! :)

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotls, breeders, breeding, canada