The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th April 2016   #1
Bizarre
(TmanNZ)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TmanNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Beginner prepare before getting Fire Bellied Newts.

So basically, I have 2 empty 55 Litre Tanks that I am wanting to set up for Fire Bellied Newts and run them off of 1 filter which is a Sunsun 304b uv canister filter.

For my set ups I was thinking on making Half Land, Half Water style tanks, but that seems a bit simple and I so would like to try to make a simple Paludarium with plants/moss growing off a wall with shelves that act as the Land Mass, much like the video at the end of this post.

I have read up on the care sheets of Newts but I am unsure whether to get Japanese or Chinese, it will probably just be what I can find available as they are pretty scarce in my country.

Also, I would like to begin breeding them in the future but this is a bit out of scope for me at the moment, just thought I would note that down.

Any ideas and criticism is greatly appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJfY...co-Aquascaping

Last edited by TmanNZ; 20th April 2016 at 03:44. Reason: For some reason, random text was hyperlinked to nowhere
TmanNZ is offline   Reply With Quote