The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 27th February 2012   #1
Zipetta

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 0
Rep: Zipetta has started on the right path
Default Harlequin?

Hello! This is my female axolotl. She is 9 years old and over 35cms long. She has a brother of similar colouring. (Hopefully I will have more photos soon) Is this Harlequin?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	myphoto (1).jpg
Views:	1426
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	21877  

Zipetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012   #2
hacelepues
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: hacelepues has given good advice and informationhacelepues has given good advice and informationhacelepues has given good advice and information
Default Re: Harlequin?

I can't tell you whether or not she's a harlequin... but I can tell you that she's beautiful! Wow!

Want more axie forum fun? visit http://www.reddit.com/r/axolotls/
hacelepues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012   #3
Zipetta

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: Zipetta has started on the right path

Aww, thank you Hacelepues!

Zipetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012   #4
Kaysie
(Kaysie)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

She's a heavily patterned leucistic. Harlequins display 3 (or more) colors. Still unusual though, to see one so big and so heavily spotted.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012   #5
hacelepues
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: hacelepues has given good advice and informationhacelepues has given good advice and informationhacelepues has given good advice and information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysie View Post
She's a heavily patterned leucistic. Harlequins display 3 (or more) colors. Still unusual though, to see one so big and so heavily spotted.
I think it's really interesting that the pigment isn't "spotty". The top is almost solid brown, and the underside is solid pink. It looks less like vitiligo (which I tend to think of when I see spotty leucistics), and more like an actual pattern!

Want more axie forum fun? visit http://www.reddit.com/r/axolotls/
hacelepues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012   #6
Ian
(IanC)

Nationality:
Rep: IanC has started on the right path

Just seen your picture, looks like a harlequin, very simalr to some of my own, very nice.

IanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012   #7
Zoe
(zoezakella)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: zoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

wow nice looking axie!!

2 Cynops Pyrrhogaster, 2 Bearded Dragons (Oz & Taz), 1 Sunglow Boa Constrictor (Xia), 1 Cornsnake (Zeus), 1 Crested Gecko (Blaze), 1 Leopard Gecko (Iridessa), 3 Mice (Nibbles, Patches & Ditsy) & 1 Jackahuahua (Basil)
zoezakella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, harlequin, photo, piebald