The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Ribbed Newts (Pleurodeles) Now comprising at least 3 species, this genus of newts includes the largest "newt" in the world, Pleurodeles waltl.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
SKC

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: SKC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newt Spit?

Hi!
My two p. waltls do this thing where they swim to the surface and expel this floating white gunk. Does anyone know what this is? They seem to just spit this stuff out while coming up for air. It doesn't seem to bother them or impact the water chemistry at all, it just floats there until I skim it out. I had another breed for 18 years and never saw her do this - is it just a Spanish Ribbed thing?

Thanks!

SKC is offline   Reply With Quote