The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Anura: Frogs & Toads For discussion of frogs and toads.

Old 14th July 2009   #1
collin
(gcollin)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: gcollin has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately
Default yay another toad

Last night while i was playing video games i saw something hopping in my window cell, it turned out to be a bufos americanus. So i caught him and put him in with my other toads.
it is a plump little guy, looks like he is only a couple of months old, but so cute .

lol Well i just wanted to tell somebody.

-Collin

gcollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009   #2
Fiona
(Fumi)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 4
Rep: Fumi has started on the right path
Default Re: yay another toad

I'd love to see some photos! I've only had my first Ambystoma mexicanum (axolotl) for just over a week and I already seem to have the amphibian bug. The bug that makes me want more that is

I really like the Ceratophrys cornuta and many of the newts I've seen have been fascinating.

Old 14th July 2009   #3
collin
(gcollin)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: gcollin has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately

If i do take photos today is perfect for it, i have nothing to do today, and i am infected with this bug to.

gcollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009   #4
John
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Quarantine...

Old 15th July 2009   #5
Jose
(axolotlgangster)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 11
Rep: axolotlgangster has started on the right path

How big is he? And put up piks.
Jose.

axolotlgangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009   #6
Jennewt
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

If all of the toads came from the same neighborhood, I don't think quarantine is a big issue. However, I would certainly say that it would be better for the local toad population if you had taken it out of the window well and released it nearby. Cute or not, do you really need another toad? When you take an animal out of the wild, you are making a long-term commitment.

Tags
toad, yay