The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

Old 21st April 2010   #1
taherman
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: taherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default FS: LARGE black/silver Tomocerus sp. springtails

LARGE black/silver springtails (Tomocerus sp.), much larger than the typical white (Folsomia candida). Adults are roughly twice the size of a pinhead cricket (see photo). Produce MANY MANY offspring just as fast as the white ones, though as you might expect from the size, the growout time to adulthood takes a bit longer.

Culture readily on moist coconut coir chips, when fed weekly with baby food oatmeal flakes or baker's yeast. Occasionally (maybe once a month) I add some Sera Micron to supplement their diet. Reproduce year-round at temperatures from 45 to over 80F, with optimal reproduction between 65 and 75F.

They seem every bit as hardy as the white springtails, I will include more specifics on care with the cultures. Please read the included care sheet before opening cultures, as the adults can jump several inches!

Large 32oz. (1 quart) established cultures ready to split into multiple starters, $20 shipped. Add $15 for each additional culture and Iíll absorb the additional shipping costs.

Payment is via Paypal, and I will ship on Mondays and Tuesdays. Shipping is via priority mail.

Thanks for looking, PM me if interested.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
tomocerus.jpg  

taherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010   #2
taherman
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: taherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: FS: LARGE black/silver Tomocerus sp. springtails

If you're interested in a culture, please reply to this thread as well as PMing me. There have been some issues with PMs not properly being delivered.

Thanks!
Tim

taherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010   #3
Foster Reves
(freves)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: FS: LARGE black/silver Tomocerus sp. springtails

I am interested in a culture. I sent you a PM.
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote