The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Old 19th February 2012   #1
Vyrus

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Vyrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Colors

I adopted 2 axolotls about 4 weeks ago from a reptile expo nearby. Both babies are just growing in their back legs and little toes on them (so cute). One of the babies looks like a wild type but I am a bit confused about the other. It has a pale yellow look to it and its gills are bright yellow/gold. Will he/she stay this colors? It looks pretty neat but I was confused since most of the albino and pale colored axies I have seen have pink/red gills. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012   #2
binkiesbuns

Nationality:
Rep: binkiesbuns has given good advice and informationbinkiesbuns has given good advice and information
Default Re: Colors

My baby albinos and goldens all have pale gills too. If the eyes are pale I'd say it'l be a golden albino :)

binkiesbuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012   #3
Vyrus

Nationality:
Rep: Vyrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Colors

Pretty pretty :) Yea, he/she has pale eyes :) I am so excited to see these babies grow up and see how their colors turn out. I really like the gold coloring

Vyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby colors, color, gold axolotl, gold gills