The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 26th November 2012   #1
geekychik

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: geekychik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Setting up chillers and multiple tanks.

I recently bought a resun cl-200 chiller and realised I need a pump for it. Can someone suggest an appropriate pump please?

Resun CL-200 Titanium Chiller [CL-200] - $345.00 : BOYU Australia!, Aquarium & Pond Supplies, Fish Pumps & Filters

Also, I have another 2ft tank that's long, but not very wide. I'm hoping to put a divider in and house 2 baby axolotls in coming weeks. Is it best to just keep baby axi's in small plastic containers until they get bigger or can you put them in a tank right away? (of course the tank will be treated and cycled and what not).

My plan, with any luck and help from some experts on here, is to somehow split the chiller hoses so I can chill both tanks. The chiller isn't set up yet, but its the white box on the ground. Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0575.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	26101   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0576.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	26102   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0578.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	26103  

geekychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012   #2
Layna
(layna)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: layna has given good advice and informationlayna has given good advice and informationlayna has given good advice and information
Default Re: Setting up chillers and multiple tanks.

Nothing to do with your question but nice long tank, ive been looking for one like that

If you like my advice, please add to my reputation so others know im helpful
layna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012   #3
geekychik

Nationality:

oh, thanks :) My neighbour gave it to me, after I helped her set up a new tank for her daughters gold fish.

Old 26th November 2012   #4
Layna
(layna)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: layna has given good advice and informationlayna has given good advice and informationlayna has given good advice and information

Awesome, i found a 3 foot tank for 30 and its getting delivered but i wanted a slightly bigger so i could keep more axolotls

If you like my advice, please add to my reputation so others know im helpful
layna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012   #5
Dinky!
(NeekaLovesYou)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 28
Comments: 3
Rep: NeekaLovesYou has given consistently good advice and informationNeekaLovesYou has given consistently good advice and informationNeekaLovesYou has given consistently good advice and informationNeekaLovesYou has given consistently good advice and information

I know nothing about chillers as I've never needed one - sorry about that! As for baby's in tanks - how big are they? Mine usually go in tanks from 3" onwards. Obviously it's much easier as water changes are less frequent. I've never had any issues. I prefer keeping anything smaller in tubs as they're easier to keep an eye on; making sure they're getting their food, etc. I'd say if they're large enough to be eating bloodworm or even very small/chopped earthworms, they'll be fine in the tank.

Old 26th November 2012   #6
geekychik

Nationality:

Well, at the moment they're still eggs lol but I've been told they'll hatch any day now and be kept for a week or two to ensure their health. So, when I get them, they will be a week or two old. Guess I will have to find them some small containers/tubs to house them until they're big enough Thanks for the advice