The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Old 10th October 2014   #1
Rena
(discoverlight)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: discoverlight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any tips on frog eggs?

I went downstairs this afternoon to see my 2 African dwarf frogs mating and I was wondering what the proper care for eggs and tadpoles are. I've never had any of my animals breed so this is a surprise for me. any information and tips would be useful, thank you! :)
Click the image to open in full size.

discoverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2014   #2
Jake
(jAfFa CaKe)
European Newt Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 4
Rep: jAfFa CaKe has given good advice and informationjAfFa CaKe has given good advice and information
Default Re: Any tips on frog eggs?

I would suggest asking Ian (xxxianxxx). He seems to know a lot on these animals.

jAfFa CaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2014   #3
nai live
(xxianxx)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Any tips on frog eggs?

My adf have layed a few times but I have only raised them successfully once, I hatched a couple hundred TADS but only raised 11 frogs. Most of the tads died off shortly after hatching, think they starved, they need very small livefood. Pull the adults from the tank with the eggs, try not to disturb the eggs floating on the surface, apparently if they sink it lowers the hatching rate. Fill the tank with daphnia/moina, the tads are too small to eat the adults, even the babies are big compared to them. Research infusoria and use that as well. Sorry I can't help further, not many people raise these frogs and info is sketchy.

Tags
frogs