The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl Gallery Post photos of axolotls and set-ups.

Old 7th June 2010   #1
A. Macxicanum
(Mac Myers)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Mac Myers has given good advice and informationMac Myers has given good advice and information
Default Ok. I finally got (admittedly bad) Pics of all 4.

OK... here are Alicia Moore and Brando. She's a piggy (I have no idea what sex she is.....I just think the pink ones are girls and the dark ones are boys... dumb.. I know) and is larger than the others... all get enough food... she just gets more. She also catches the Glass Shrimp and is suspected of reducing my guppy count from 12 to 3.
Brando is decent at hunting as well. I have seen him try to catch live prey... I've never seen him score however. But he isn't shy at feeding time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AleciaMooreBrando.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	10687  

Old 7th June 2010   #2
A. Macxicanum
(Mac Myers)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Mac Myers has given good advice and informationMac Myers has given good advice and information
Default Re: Ok. I finally got (admittedly bad) Pics of all 4.

Here we have Alicia Moore and Lucille. Lucille is smaller, a bit shy, but she still tries pretty hard. She likes to park in plants and survey the area.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AleciaMooreLucille.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	10688  

Old 7th June 2010   #3
A. Macxicanum
(Mac Myers)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Brando and Lucille on the prowl.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BrandoLucille.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	10689  

Old 7th June 2010   #4
A. Macxicanum
(Mac Myers)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Coal (name subject to change.... nothing has come to me yet) is the recluse. He is a lousy hunter, has an IQ on par with George W. Bush, won't pose for pictures, hides somewhere I have yet to be able to discover, and spits out earthworms. He eats only Salmon pellets and Bloodworms. He is a tough nut to crack.

He ignores me and I typically have to use the flash as he's too far back and too hard to see on the black sand. Brando and Alicia Moore follow me around and try to eat my fingers or anything else I stick in there to "scoot" food closer to them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Coal003.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	10690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Coal.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	10691   Click image for larger version

Name:	CoalBrando.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	10692  

Old 7th June 2010   #5
melfly
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 12
Comments: 4
Rep: melfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

They are all amazing!
I love how they all have little characters, people who do not own axolotls are missing out!

Mel

melfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010   #6
CherryBlossom

Nationality:
Comments: 29
Rep: CherryBlossom has shown reliable knowledgeCherryBlossom has shown reliable knowledge

aah they are all beautiful!

"Like my good hand I tatooed E.V.I.L. across it's brother's fist..That filthy five! They did nothing to challenge or resist." - Mr nick cave.

CherryBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010   #7
Shannon
(dragonlady)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 1
Rep: dragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdragonlady is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Great pics, Mac! They all look quite content and well-fed! You've got all these different personalities in your crew there too, so cool!

Do either of your lucies have freckles? Always love the freckles! One of mine is getting a full mask, I think!

In my trio, the wild (Cool) is the largest - bigger than Sphynx, my adult male! Anubis, the melanoid, is the smallest and the most reclusive of the three too - strange, because when I got them, he was the friendliest.

Keep 'em coming! But for future reference, never compare your axie to GB, that's so degrading...for the axie!!

dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010   #8
A. Macxicanum
(Mac Myers)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

No... none of them have Freckles. They look almost albino.
I'm getting in trouble at home because I sit in front of the tank so much instead of watching TV with the family. It's much more calming for me so I've decided to kick the family out and use my kid's room for more tanks.

Old 7th June 2010   #9
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

Looking good Mac.. I am counting down the years until I have a room to fill with axolotl and newts. Unless we win the lottery it will be a good 8 years till the eldest boys fledge the nest

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010   #10
Leanne
(lea)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: lea has given consistently good advice and informationlea has given consistently good advice and informationlea has given consistently good advice and informationlea has given consistently good advice and information

mac....your axies are beautiful and i love your tank set up.....i get in trouble at home for paying more attention to abby as well.......

lea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010   #11
Tiffanymac

Nationality:
Rep: Tiffanymac has started on the right path

They are beautiful Mac! And yes! I completely agree wth Mel...those who don't have axies are totally missing out on their antics!

Tiffanymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010   #12
A. Macxicanum
(Mac Myers)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabelloo View Post
Unless we win the lottery it will be a good 8 years till the eldest boys fledge the nest
Heheh Julia... Mine is 22 and it doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon! Luckily I kind of like him. If you HAVE to have a kid around it helps if they are yours.

And I changed Coal's name to Obama. Not because of the coloring.... but like Obama he starts out doing OK but then sometimes gets all turned around and goes the wrong direction.