The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 15th March 2006   #1
charlie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Ok. Petsworld in pitt st had banana lilies DAMN cheap ($1.20 each, 3 for $3) so I've got.... 6)

Whats the best way to plant them/care for them. Seems a mutant plant - the leaves and roots both going upwards?

I've planted part of it under the substrate (sand) and kept the leaves facing up?

(no insult intended by plant geek. I'm a fish geek, no doubt!)

Old 15th March 2006   #2
rob

Gallery Images:
Comments:

have a look here Charlie
http://www.caudata.org/forum/message...tml?1141969126
u will also need med to high light for them to grow well...

Old 16th March 2006   #3
jojo

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Theres many conversations about banana lillies spread throughout the boards..

Old 16th March 2006   #4
theresa

Gallery Images:
Comments:

You can also go to www.plantgeeks.com for more answers.

Old 16th March 2006   #5
rob

Gallery Images:
Comments:

yes it is a very good site for info Theresa, but if u ask a question u probably wont get a reply like here, "they seem so snobby"

Old 16th March 2006   #6
charlie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Thats a perfect link. Got it right it seems. Turned out the plants had that I was told were banana lilies, were not. So i bought 6! (they were cheap!)

Taken out a bit of the elodea and replaced it with the lilies. One of the plants has about 10 inches of roots/branches on it, so I'm pretty happy! just have to see how it grows now Click the image to open in full size.

Old 18th March 2006   #7
theresa

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hey Rob, Interesting. I've never gone on the forum, just looked up different plants. i have done fishgeeks allot and they are rally unsnobby and helpful. Nothing about axies on that site for sure. This is def. the "bomb' on axies and the like. i am very thankful for all the help I have received here, for sure. thanks everyone again...!!!

Tags
geeks, o), plant, stipe or other

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 2nd December 2019, 16:00 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.