The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 4th December 2007   #1
Becky
(gr33neyes)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 17
Comments: 43
Rep: gr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Question sluggish behaviour

My axie is acting a bit odd tonight...
She is a 6 month old leucistic who shares her tank with another axie of around 3 1/2 months of age. Had her now for 3 months and had no major problems . She fed ok this evening on prawn but seems very sluggish and not herself. Its almost as if she is drunk. When she swims its very slowly and she just seems to sway with no control. Also her mouth is slightly agape which is not usual for her. Yet the other axolotl is fine, ate well, responsive when I sat next to the tank. Is this another one of those weird "she just needs a poo" moments or should i be worried...its really not like her at all....
My husband suggested she is just having an "off day", do they get those? Any help/advice much appreciated.
Becky

Old 4th December 2007   #2
Karrie Clinton
(kclinton)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: kclinton has shown reliable knowledgekclinton has shown reliable knowledge

A little to full maybe. After a big meal I like to be lazy.

kclinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007   #3
Lisa

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Lisa is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLisa is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLisa is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLisa is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLisa is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Mine had a day like that a couple of weeks ago and was still eating, but seemed "off". Got me really worried, but came good the next day. I think it was part of the learning curve.

Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007   #4
Becky
(gr33neyes)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 17
Comments: 43
Rep: gr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Talking

Yes, they are very strange sometimes Lisa. I find myself worrying about them like they were one of my kids, I've got so attached to them...But now she is fine so it was just an off day i think or maybe PMT lol

Old 6th December 2007   #5
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

ohhhh...they start so young !!!

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
behaviour, sluggish