The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 17th March 2009   #1
Hooky87

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Hooky87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fire Sals

Hi
after moving house i am looking to get back into keeping amphibs i have in the past kept fastuosa and terrestris but mainly darts and other frogs but have always had a soft spot for fire sals and would like to try breed a few so would like some advice on seting up for breeding and how hard some of the subspecies are to obtain cheers

Matt

Hooky87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009   #2
Jennewt
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11
Default Re: Fire Sals

Welcome Matt. You'll find people are better able to understand you if you use punctuation. This forum does have a rule about appropriate language usage. Also, you are welcome to bump an unanswered question, but please don't cross-post the same question.

Some subspecies are readily available, some are not. It depends partly on which are protected, and which ones someone happens to be breeding. I'm no expert on getting them to breed (still waiting for mine to get in the mood...)

Tags
fire, sals