The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 20th May 2019   #1
Davy58

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Davy58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heavy bloat pleurodeles waltl.

Hello forum members,

My 15 yo P Waltl. Has come down with bloat. It started after my last post when he had white spots on his back.. I gave him a few salt baths and his skin slowly got better.. So I've put him back with the others. A few weeks after that he was getting fatter. I did not put him in quarantaine.. The other 3 are fine. Still he's eating and swimmin normal. Turns back around when 'flipped'. Only his belly is bloated. He's like this for 5 months now.

Are there people who expierenced this? And can it be helped? Ive read the article about bloat from 2002..

Dont want to lose him.

Thanks,

Davy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0138.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	595.5 KB
ID:	55461  

Davy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
GoldenGal

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: GoldenGal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heavy bloat pleurodeles waltl.

So sorry to read about your guy! What is his status? I just joined a few days ago, and came across your post, which looks like it's from May. Did he get better? My Tiger Salamander is currently bloated, and I have taken her to several vets to try to find the cause. She stopped eating over a month ago, but one of the vets showed us how to feed her a formula with a syringe. We have also just begun letting her soak in a half inch of Ringer's amphibian solution each night. We have a return appointment with the vet this Friday. Would like to know if you were able to find the cause of the bloat.

GoldenGal is offline   Reply With Quote