The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Old 26th May 2003   #1
chris

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I found a rana temporaria tadpole in my dapnia culture yesterday. It must have been feasting on all the algae and without predators it has grown to 2.5 inches long! It has taken on a greeny colouration instead of the usual black and shows no sign of metamorphosis! Pretty cool.
Chris

Old 22nd June 2003   #2
chris

Gallery Images:
Comments:

that is a common bullfrog, it will get a little bigger than begin to morph. goodluck

Old 22nd June 2003   #3
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

We don't have any native bullfrogs in Britain. Chris Michaels is talking about the Common European Brown Frog, not a bullfrog.

Old 8th January 2006   #4
Simon
(simon)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: simon has started on the right path

There is a colony of bullfrogs on the Kent/Sussex border so there is a slim possibility it may be a bullfrog although having never seen a bullfrog tadpole, i can't really say

simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006   #5
stipe

Gallery Images:
Comments:

i dont know if there are any bull frogs in aus but i found a big tadpole in a pond on an duke of ed expedition and as one of the observation skills i took it in a container for a bit (sorry no pic), it was brown mesured 9cm from tip to tail with a body width of 3.5cm, it was extreemly larg, to large if you tell me, any guess of what this might of been? Mabey it was the rainforest that made it grow so big. btw we found it in a rock pond, here in nsw.

Tags
giant, tadpole

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 14th August 2019, 05:44 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.