The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Bufonidae: True Toads For the discussion of true toads.

Old 2nd October 2004   #1
jenn

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hi! I just got a new toad recently. It was sold to me as a Moroccan Green Toad. I've been searching online for info regarding this particular species, but have found little. Does anyone know anything of these toads?

Or are all "common" toads the same?

I have a Southern toad that has been with me for quite a while, so am already familiar with basic toad care. I'm just interested in detailed specifics on the varied species (bufo brongersmai in particular).

Thanks so much!

Jenn (aka "Zephyr")

Old 3rd October 2004   #2
Mike East
(mike)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Hi Jenn,
Welcome to the forum.
Take a look at this site,http://bufo.de.vu/
You will find information on both B.viridis, the European green toad which is native to most of Europe, and western Morocco, also B.brongersmai, the anti-atlas toad, from Morocco.

Old 3rd October 2004   #3
jenn

Gallery Images:
Comments:

What a wonderful website! Thanks so much! I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the breeding pages and following the developments of the toadlets.

Thanks again!

Old 10th October 2004   #4
henk

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Serge bogaerts has succesfully bred this little toad for quite a few times already and even wrote an article on the subject.

Old 13th October 2004   #5
jenn

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Ooh, where can I find the article?Click the image to open in full size.

Old 14th October 2004   #6
Michael Shrom
(michael)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

www.podarcis.nl
Volume 3 - 2001

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2004   #7
sergé

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Jenn, you can download the article from PODARCIS for free after registering, but if it doesn't work you can also send me a private message and I'll make sure you will get it. It is a few months since last posted here, so..think you must have managed it by now. For any questions you can always contact me, as I am breeding Bufo brongersmai almost every year now...(however, they are easier to breed than the larger sized Bufo species

Old 21st October 2004   #8
jenn

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Thank you - I got a hold of the article!

Funny thing, I just learned that my brongersmai is actually a viridis! But I am a beginner, so learning, learning every day!

However, with all the reading I've already done I may still end up with b. brongersmai eventually! Click the image to open in full size.

Tags
brongersmai, bufo, green, moroccan, toad

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 17th August 2019, 17:18 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.