The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st July 2016   #1
Lauryn
(Zalesa)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Zalesa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Do You Use To Chill Your Water?

Hello!

I just recently set up my axolotl tank to cycle and I've been keeping track of the temperatures of my water. My tank is in my room, where I usually have 2 fans in my room on at all times and the window covered up. It is summer here, currently and reaches degrees up to 90's-100's right now. My tank is staying in the mid 70's.

I was considering purchasing an aquarium fan to go over my tank. Has anyone else done this to cool their tanks down and what has your success rate been?
I don't want to purchase a chiller if I don't have to because they're so expensive.

So, what do you use to chill your water?

Thanks!
Lauryn

Zalesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chiller, cold, temperature, water