The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

General Discussion For general enclosure/vivarium-related discussions.

Old 2nd July 2004   #1
jason

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hey everyone, I've had this idea for a while now to use Wine Coolers as hibernation chambers for my salamanders. I don't trust mini fridges at all because my worms and other food died by freezing in them. When I think about putting my tigers in one of those, Im like "Hell no!"

Most wine coolers have manual or digital thermostats that range from 45-60 degrees. Why the hell would people want to freeze their wine? They don't! So I figure if you just pay attention to the temp, the salamanders won't freeze either. This seems to be a preferable range for hibernation, right?

I was talking to Mike_g on AIM and he found this site with lots of great smaller models.
http://www.beveragefactory.com/refri.../compact.shtml

Check it out. What do you all think of this?

Old 2nd July 2004   #2
jason

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I reposted this under 'General Discussion.' That's where I meant to post it. Check up there.

Tags
chambers, coolers, hibernation, wine

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 17th November 2019, 16:24 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.