The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 21st February 2019   #1
Meredithmny

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Meredithmny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Worried about shipping time frame!

Hello All,
This is my first post here. I have been wanting Axolotls for years and have done tons of research. I have a cycled 55 gallon tank all ready and waiting for my two Juveniles to arrive. I ordered from a reputable and informative breeder (I have been following diff FB pages for awhile now) but I didn't realize she was clear across the country. I'm in Upstate NY and she is in WA state.

She used priority mail which is supposed to be 2-3 shipping, but as Monday was a holiday, she didn't get them out until Tuesday and USPS says they won't get here until Saturday! She fasts them for two days and has lots of shipping experience. They are around 3.5 inches.

I have to be at my Children's Theatre Saturday so I have my mom willing to wait here at my house lol, but will they be okay for 4 days?

Meredithmny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2019   #2
Meredithmny

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Meredithmny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Worried about shipping time frame!

Well, I do't know if anyone is reading this lol, but they arrived safely today! Both 3 inch Juvies, 1 a freckled GFP Lucy and the other a clean Lucy. They seem TINY in my tank but I wanted juvies so I could watch them grow!

Here's hoping I can be a good first time Axolotl owner! I've managed to keep our Parrot, bunny, two dogs, baby mouse and tropical fish alive so far, so they've got a good shot lol. I did lots of research, hoping I don't have to come here with a problem but just lovely pics very soon!

Meredithmny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2019   #3
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Worried about shipping time frame!

Happy to hear they arrived safely! Goodluck :)

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote