The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Kingfisher

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Kingfisher has started on the right path
Question Suggestions To Reduce Flow Turbulence Without Reducing Flow Output On a Canister Filter?

Hi,

Anyone have suggestions to reduce the water flow turbulence of the canister filter with a spray bar without reducing the actual flow output?

I don't want to change the output flow rate because that will reduce the number of gallon per hours the filter will turn over. I'm think of either putting cylindrical sponges over the spray bar or some type of break water feature near the top of the tank. I'm wondering if anyone else has any ideas or done something to reduce the turbulence?

Thanks!

Kingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Suggestions To Reduce Flow Turbulence Without Reducing Flow Output On a Canister Filter?

I use prefilter sponge on outputs. It's worked well for me so far and is super easy to replace when needed :)

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Kingfisher

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Kingfisher has started on the right path
Default Re: Suggestions To Reduce Flow Turbulence Without Reducing Flow Output On a Canister Filter?

Thanks Hayley! Do you cover the whole spray bar or part of it? If you cover the whole spray bar, is there enough turbulence to break the surface tension to oxygenate the water in the tank?
What is the volume of your tank and filter?

Kingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canister filter, flow rate, spray bar, turbulence