The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl Gallery Post photos of axolotls and set-ups.

Old 21st July 2008   #1
Jacquie

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 12
Rep: Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11
Red face 4 Foot Tank - Eternal Work In Progress

Hi All,

Well, the bets are in, the stakes are high - how long will this setup last until Jacq changes it again!

I think my axies are ready to submit an entry for 'a new owner wanted' in the advertisements section of the forum...

My axies will appreciate your vote in their favour and will pay bribes in cheesy grins to anyone who says "Jacq, it looks great, you don't need to change it again".

I'm in love with that centre rock, it was a bargain. I purchased it cheap as chips from the aquarium as their scales broke down and the young man serving me had obviously never excelled in 'Home Economics' at school - Grams and Kilograms - there is no real difference is there?

Click the image to open in full size.

Did I mention that I was in love with that rock?...No, well here it is in a close up - I suppose the axolotls are not that bad looking either (except Vader - a veteran of many wars).

Aragorn has had enough of that crazy woman with the camera and is retreating into his favorite hide:

So what do you think?

Does Jacq need to change it again?

Useful links: Forum Rules | Axolotl Caresheets | Axolotl Sanctuary | Axolotl FAQ| Water Quality FAQ | Caudata Culture Articles
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008   #2
Terri9967

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Terri9967 has shown reliable knowledgeTerri9967 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: 4 Foot Tank - Eternal Work In Progress

WOW I wanna live there..... Of course must be after you find a new owner LOL just kidding. Looks GREAT!!

Terri9967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008   #3
Becky
(gr33neyes)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 17
Comments: 43
Rep: gr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.orggr33neyes is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Well Jacq where do you want me to begin............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......... Actually I think its just fine, buts thats coming from someone who thinks up a new way of arranging my axie tank every time I look at it. I'm settled with mine for the time being, waiting to see if my java fern and anubia survive, its looking good so far, I can see new growth.
Your axies have plenty to climb and hide in, Im sure they must be happy in there..........but you won't stop there will you? or will you....................... :)

Old 21st July 2008   #4
lisa
(lisalee2)

Nationality:
Rep: lisalee2 has started on the right path

Your tank and axis are beautyfull, if i was an axi i would love to live in that tank looks lovely and plenty of hide outs in the rocks. Beens the water is so high though i would put a lid on top of the tank as axolotls have tendency to swim rapidly and may jump out.But nice set up and your axis are so cute.

lisalee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008   #5
Ellen
(ellenant)

Nationality:
Rep: ellenant has shown reliable knowledgeellenant has shown reliable knowledge

Well, I am new to this, but I really LOVE your tank.
It really looks natural, like a little axie palace!
If I had more space and money...
What kind of axolotl are yours?
Melanistic and gold albino?
Names?

ellenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008   #6
Jacquie

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 12
Rep: Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11

Thank you very much everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri View Post
WOW I wanna live there..... Of course must be after you find a new owner LOL just kidding.
I'll keep you posted Terri!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalee View Post
....I would put a lid on top of the tank as axolotls have tendency to swim rapidly and may jump out...
I know this only too well - there is actually a glass lid that covers the whole tank - my shoddy photography has managed to hide it away .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
....but you won't stop there will you? or will you....
I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
....What kind of axolotl are yours? Melanistic and gold albino? Names?
The axolotls in this tank are Vader (Male - Melanoid), Aragorn (Male - Gold Albino) and Faramir (Male - Axanthic albino...I think).

I have two other tanks that are three foot and also um...works in progress ...each have two axolotls.

2nd Tank: Aranae (Female - Melanoid) and Arwen (Female - Leucistic)
3rd Tank: Merry (Male - Gold Albino) and Pippin (Male - Wild Type)

Useful links: Forum Rules | Axolotl Caresheets | Axolotl Sanctuary | Axolotl FAQ| Water Quality FAQ | Caudata Culture Articles
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eternal, foot, progress, tank, work