The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th February 2005   #1
erik

Gallery Images:
Comments:

My name is Erik Leitner and this is my first post. I am an elementary science teacher and am very impressed with the knowledge base I have seen as I have read through the forums.

I have recently obtained a mudpuppy through Underground Reptiles in Deerfield Beach, Florida. They have an excellent reputation and have never done me wrong in the past.

Let me also say that I am aware of the differences between Tiger Salamanders and Mudpuppies and know that is not the case here.

My concern is that the Mudpuppy has not eaten in two weeks. I have tried many foods, but find the only one he has any interest in are Canadian Nightcrawlers. He will take them in but spit them up. He does not look too skinny, nor are his gills in poor shape. What do you suggest to help improve his appetite?

Thanks in advance,

Erik Leitner

Tags
eating, mudpuppy

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 27th February 2020, 13:31 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.