The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 25th September 2019   #1
Newtguyjay

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Newtguyjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default URGENT: Floating Behind

Hi everyone,

I have 2 firebelly newts, a male and female. This week I noticed my female swimming a little odd, as if her equilibrium was off. Her hind legs/back part of her body seem to float upwards.

I feel this is quite urgent as she has never done this before and now its been almost 3 days. I did alot of reading in the forum and I saw some posts about swallowing air or taking more time to digest a warm...

I checked water conditions but everything is fine there.

Anyhow would really appreciate your opinions on the matter so I can ensure to care for her properly.

Thank you all in advance!

Newtguyjay is offline   Reply With Quote