The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 16th October 2005   #1
benjamin

Gallery Images:
Comments:

After moving my oldest axie into a larger tank it's started a second growth spurt; however something unusual seems to be happening with its tail. The top of the tail is growing faster then the bottom causing it to bend in a strange way:

Click the image to open in full size.

If anybody knows what could be causing it, or if it's anything to worry about, please reply.

Old 16th October 2005   #2
laura

Gallery Images:
Comments:

That exact same thing happened when our old axolotl had a growth spurt following a move to a new tank. Doesn't seem to bother him.

Old 17th October 2005   #3
sharn

Gallery Images:
Comments:

if its not worrying him i wouldnt worry about it. it could be genetics, or it could be a temporary thing and the bottom will catch up later. also i dont think they have 'growth spurts' as such, unless you had it in a extremly small tank, they tend to grow dispite the enviroment

Tags
growth, tail, unusual

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 16th February 2020, 22:07 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.