The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 5th May 2011   #1
Mandy
(Mandy6)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Mandy6 has shown reliable knowledgeMandy6 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Do Axies get Bored with their Surroundings?

I only ask because when I do my weekly water changes on my goldfish and betta tanks, I usually change the ornaments around, make it look different so I guess I hope it seems like something new for them.

So do you think that Axies would like a weekly change around with their water changes? Would it interest them or stress them out? If I do it should I keep some of their hides in the same place? (I have a heap of fake plants, some huge rocks (much bigger than my axies xD), and 5 hides for my two axies)

Mandy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011   #2
mewsie
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 5
Rep: mewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Do Axies get Bored with their Surroundings?

I don't know if they get bored if you don't, but they definitely get curious if you do. I think I posted this in another thread recently, but just in case they do have a memory for this kind of thing I keep one hide in the same place all the time (just move it to flush the sand underneath and clear any poop) so they have somewhere they know they can dart to.

But yeah, when I move stuff around they love it! Many an hour spent wandering in and out and up and down wherever they can get.

mewsie is offline   Reply With Quote