The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Off-Topic Many people have requested an area of the forum in which to discuss topics not directly related to the rest of the forum (such as newt and salamander art).

Old 23rd August 2008   #1
Ian Faux
(IanF)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 10
Rep: IanF has given consistently good advice and informationIanF has given consistently good advice and informationIanF has given consistently good advice and informationIanF has given consistently good advice and information
Lightbulb Salamander jokes...

Hey guys, I know this sounds weird but I was bored which eventually led to me looking up jokes involving salamanders and such...and only one thing came up. This -
A man walks in to a bar with a newt on his shoulder and orders a beer , the barman says whats that on your shoulder ? , the man replies thats my pet newt and his name is tiny , why do you call him tiny asks the barman ? and the man replies because he is my newt ! .

Mabey I'm just slow but I don't find that very funny. Anyone got any good ones?

Old 23rd August 2008   #2
aghiowa

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: aghiowa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Salamander jokes...

Minute! Ha ha. I get it...now. :)

aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2008   #3
Michael Shrom
(michael)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

minute is tiny? That is hilarious after you look it up.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2008   #4
Jacquie

Nationality:
Comments: 12
Rep: Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11

Hee hee hee.

I like it, it's a very clever play on words. I think it's one of those jokes that needs to be spoken aloud though rather than reading it silently to yourself.

Useful links: Forum Rules | Axolotl Caresheets | Axolotl Sanctuary | Axolotl FAQ| Water Quality FAQ | Caudata Culture Articles
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2008   #5
John
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

That reminds me of Sal, a man dear to my heart.

Old 23rd August 2008   #6
Ian Faux
(IanF)

Nationality:
Rep: IanF has given consistently good advice and informationIanF has given consistently good advice and informationIanF has given consistently good advice and informationIanF has given consistently good advice and information

*Feeling stupid* I get it now.... 7 hours later...

Old 23rd August 2008   #7
petro
(petro)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: petro has shown reliable knowledgepetro has shown reliable knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanF View Post
*Feeling stupid* I get it now.... 7 hours later...

Than I must be verry stupid!!!!!!(still not get it)
Petro

petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2008   #8
Rodrigo
(Azhael)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

If i understood it right, the joke is that "minute" sounds just like "my newt". Not eassy for us non-native english people. Mind you i hope thats the joke xDDD if not im going to feel retarded....

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2008   #9
Ian Faux
(IanF)

Nationality:

My first language is english... and it still took me awhile, like havelock said you've got to read it outloud.

Old 23rd August 2008   #10
petro
(petro)

Nationality:

Minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My god,my son off eight explaned!Again and again and aigan!
And than I endly was hearing wat he was saying!!

Ian thanks,maybe slow but also on a nice way diffelcult and specially when you are not english speaking.
Petro

Old 23rd August 2008   #11
John
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Before we go setting misconceptions for the non-native English speaking world about the pronunciation of "minute", let's make it clear. Forgive me if you already know the difference but think of this as insurance against misinformation!

"Minute" is a unit of time, and the first syllable rhymes with "bin" (as in rubbish bin), and the second syllable sounds like "nut" (the things squirrels like eat).

"Minute" applied to size is pronounced with the first syllable rhyming with "mine" (as in don't step on that mine, it's mine), and the second syllable sounds like "newt" (as in Caudata.org).

Old 23rd August 2008   #12
petro
(petro)

Nationality:
Talking Re: Salamander jokes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Before we go setting misconceptions for the non-native English speaking world about the pronunciation of "minute", let's make it clear. Forgive me if you already know the difference but think of this as insurance against misinformation!

"Minute" is a unit of time, and the first syllable rhymes with "bin" (as in rubbish bin), and the second syllable sounds like "nut" (the things squirrels like eat).

"Minute" applied to size is pronounced with the first syllable rhyming with "mine" (as in don't step on that mine, it's mine), and the second syllable sounds like "newt" (as in Caudata.org).

Thanks John,
I did now and from the way my son talks he also.But can also tell you that this info will be
going to be given more fun then we already hat this evening! (Because the way of speaking out)
Petro

Old 24th August 2008   #13
coichards
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Comments: 5
Rep: coichards has shown reliable knowledgecoichards has shown reliable knowledge

Dont you find it funny that one little joke can spark a page of replies.
But I guess I have just added to it!

coichards is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jokes, jokes..., salamander