The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Coletteashlyn

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Coletteashlyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Housing 2 axolotls

Hello!
So in October I got my first axolotl. Rowan is now about a year old. Hes very healthy and active and seems happy in his 20 gal. I got the 20 gal in December hoping to get another axolotl to house him with. In February I got my second axolotl when he was only a week or two old, so hes about 5-6 months and is doing well in his 10 gallon. He is still quite a bit smaller than Rowan, but he eats the same amount. Would it be too early to move him into the bigger tank so they can live together? If not how long should I wait?

Coletteashlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Hayleyy
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy has given good advice and informationHayleyy has given good advice and information
Default Re: Housing 2 axolotls

I recommend waiting until they are the same size, to avoid any attacking from the larger one.