The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 23rd February 2018   #1
Chalmers732

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chalmers732 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Help with chiller

So I have a 20-gallon tank housing 2 axolotls. I have been trying to install a chiller but I'm having issues. I have tried 2 different chillers (active aqua and Marineland) and they have both RAISED the tank temp. The compressor turns on and off on both of them. The active aqua is 1/10 hp and the Marineland is 1/4 hp. I used a 440gph pump on both. Am I doing something wrong or are both the chiller junk? Help please, I hate having to keep my room at 68 degrees 24/7.

Chalmers732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018   #2
Nativenewt

Nationality:
Rep: Nativenewt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with chiller

As long as your room doesn't get above 75 ish degrees Fahrenheit for long periods of time, you won't need a chiller.

Nativenewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018   #3
shadowfox306

Nationality:
Rep: shadowfox306 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with chiller

The problem is that it can be difficult to keep a room that cool, depending on where you live. A chiller is a nice in case of emergency item in case of a heat wave and less of a hassle than frozen bottles of water which is a quick temp fix at best.

shadowfox306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, chiller, cooling, tank set up, temperature