The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 29th April 2018   #1
Axolotlee

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Axolotlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Raising my first set of axolotl hatchlings

Hi I have 6 axolotyl at this time 2 larger 1 small 1 medium and 2 babies 2 inches. I looked in my tank and seen a whole lot of eggs as I did not know one was female. Long story short they have hatched and now I have over a hundred I didn't count babies I am preparing to raise them and hopefully find them a home I just do not want to be over whelmed if I can't find new homes . are there any organizations that will take some off my hands once they are old enough to ship. ?? I honestly did not think they would survive this long but they are tough little axolotyl babies I guess but I have only lost a few due to late egg hatch and normal deformation they are all pretty much surviving. I do have them separated at this time and I have several 10 gallons at my home as well as tubs. I plan on keeping a few but I don't know at this point just looking for a little advice. They are all doing great and eating brine shrimp

Axolotlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2019   #2
Isabellaw

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Isabellaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Raising my first set of axolotyl hatchlings

I am in the same situation, what has happened since April? Did you find someone to take them? Ours are around 2.5 weeks old and now here is another batch of eggs in the tank!

Isabellaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2019   #3
honeydew

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: honeydew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Raising my first set of axolotl hatchlings

You could always see if a local fish store wants to sell them! I ended up with my baby because of accidental eggs too lol.

honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotyl, babies, hatchlings