The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 8th December 2019   #1
milkandchips

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: milkandchips is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Axolotl Might Have Parasites ?

My axolotl, Milk used to be a fine, young, axie, until one day it literally refused every meal i gave. Chopped up earthworms, bloodworms, and pellets. I read that every once in a while, an axolotl might have a hunger strike, so i thought nothing of it. It had some floating problems and it was floating unbalanced near the top, and I didn't know how to fix that either. But recently, its tankmate axie, chips, had died mysteriously. I was scared there was bacteria or bad things in the water, so i did a 50% water change and added some indian almond leaves into the filter. I also fridged Milk for around 2 hours, not leaving it inside for too long because I had to go somewhere and couldn't keep watch. Today, I saw some red things behind Milk's hind legs and I was very worried. Then, after another 50% water change, I found Milk swimming laps at the top of the tank, and sometimes just bumping the sides of the glass. I'm worried it might be parasites.

I have a 30G bare-bottom tank, with a 900L/H filter and 2 airstones (which i put on a timer).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191208_193307.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	317.3 KB
ID:	56199   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191201_220520.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	56200   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191201_220651.jpg
Views:	25