The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 7th February 2008   #1
Mark
(mark jones)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mark jones has started on the right path
Default Selling Axolotls

Without really trying we have bred my Daughters Axolotls (named Boverred and Snatch after their eating habits !) several times and have many young - around 200. Whilst they are adorable there are far too many for us to keep. Can anyone please suggest how and where we can sell or distribute the young ones?

mark jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008   #2
Mark
(mark jones)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mark jones has started on the right path

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark jones View Post
Without really trying we have bred my Daughters Axolotls (named Boverred and Snatch after their eating habits !) several times and have many young - around 200. Whilst they are adorable there are far too many for us to keep. Can anyone please suggest how and where we can sell or distribute the young ones?
awaiting response

mark jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008   #3
Kaysie
(Kaysie)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

First off, you should be patient. You waited exactly 2 minutes. Not everyone at the board is constantly here refreshing (I, for one, was sleeping).

Second, there is a 'for sale' section of the forum. You can post ads there.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008   #4
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

To be honest , I suspect trying to sell 200 or so will take a some time. As soon as mine started laying eggs i contacted a couple of places I had been too that had sold axolotl on the past ( and been happy with their set ups and advice) and only one was prepared to take some off me . Mine where sold when they reached approx 4 inches and where eating a wide range of foods.. you tend to receive approx 1/2 to a 1/3 of their selling price. Phone around a few pet/aquarium centres and ask to speak to their manager. You could also place an add on this site and may have some success...if you can add pictures it'll help too.

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008   #5
Kaysie
(Kaysie)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

Or sometimes, you have to get rid of them for free...

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotls, selling