The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

Old 29th June 2018   #1
NoemiMedina

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: NoemiMedina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello! Re- homing 4 Axolotls

Hi fellow hobbyists.

Sadly, I have to re-home my four leucistic axolotls. They are now about 4-5 inches. I do not know their genders, but they are extremely lovable, active, and sweet. It breaks my heart to break up with them.

I am not selling them, only asking for shipping costs to your location. I bought them from a hobbyist in NC and I believe it cost him ~$20 (next day). Still, depends on location.

They need to go to a good home: tank is set up and cycled, temp is about 67 degrees.

Please email me at walnut.t@yahoo.com for more info!

I’ll try to post some pics of them too.

Btw, these guys are very hardy. I once had the “chiller” off too long and it went up to 75 degrees. It hasn’t happened again but they survived. They are amazing!!!

NoemiMedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2018   #2
NoemiMedina

Nationality:
Talking Re: Hello! Re- homing 4 Axolotls

Hey guys! Here are some pictures of my axolotls. There have been a few inquiries, which I greatly appreciate, but I’m still looking for a new home for them. Please serious inquires, if it’s only a question, you can ask directly on this post- if you’d like. Once they’re heading to their new home, I’ll be sure to update.
Thanks everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F1BDEDC4-B0A2-4E96-9368-0066EDD95555.jpg (425.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg F8984428-31CA-4B80-B893-619176014960.jpg (256.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 2D72C022-0BAF-4F24-BA53-96A45C8245A7.jpg (465.5 KB, 33 views)

Old 5th July 2018   #3
ShrimpShepherd

Nationality:
Rep: ShrimpShepherd has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Hello! Re- homing 4 Axolotls

Hello! Are there any males or male estimation Axies? Thanks

ShrimpShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
NoemiMedina

Nationality:
Default Horrible depressing update:

This is a horrible, sad update on my axolotls. Please share with anyone shipping any fish/ amphibian/ animal through USPS. Due to a “sorting machine malfunction” my axolotls were treated horribly during shipping and got to their destination with the box CRUSHED. Through the efforts of myself and the teacher I mailed them to through priority (2-day) we were able to find out that they sent them back for another two day (turned to FOUR!) delivery back to my house because they weren’t able to distinguish the address. Despite all attempts to stop this they knowingly sent them back to me. The pictures I’m about to show are graphic and stomach twisting. Please beware.

This is a caution to please not use USPS. I’ve been burdened with plenty of guilt and regret, so please no negative comments. I doubt anyone knows the torment and emotions I’ve been theough losing my precious animals- whom I should’ve never sent away to start. As an “FYI”: The only experience I had with shipping animals is the experience I had when I first ordered them- they came to me also as priority mail and in a much smaller box in much smaller bags with no cold packs or insulation. I SENT IT WITH INSULATION,A BIG COLD PACK, separate bags with clean air, and double bagged in a big box. The box was marked all around the box as LIVE FISH AND FRAGILE. So please, know that I did all the knowledge and love I had to send these guys over to their new home. I did nothing to “cut corners” except my error in not using 1-Day mail. However, even so, this was a malfunction of their machine, so sadly I think they might have happened anyways. Still, I regret this very much. I should’ve paid more. I should have never even sent them to begin with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 29B64364-D1B0-406E-B69A-90AA9E0CF2D5.jpeg (1.76 MB, 39 views)

Old 1 Week Ago   #5
sarahj1122

Nationality:
Rep: sarahj1122 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so sorry, that is awful. I've seen people with luck with USPS shipping live animals and even eggs but this is definitely something to think about... Don't feel too bad, it wasn't your fault.

sarahj1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

The USPS is the worst and unfortunately we are at their mercy.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Seandelevan
(seandelevan)

Nationality:
Rep: seandelevan has shown reliable knowledge

This why I don’t ship. And this is why I rarely buy live animals online. Just a sidebar....about 5 years ago I bought one of those 5 gallon cube aquariums online. I was hesitant of a big glass box being shipped and actually making it in one piece. But I was convinced and promised it would be fine by the seller. So I did it. A week later I’m opening a box filled with a million shards of glass in it. Fool me once....

seandelevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #8
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

I hope you got your money back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
This why I don’t ship. And this is why I rarely buy live animals online. Just a sidebar....about 5 years ago I bought one of those 5 gallon cube aquariums online. I was hesitant of a big glass box being shipped and actually making it in one piece. But I was convinced and promised it would be fine by the seller. So I did it. A week later I’m opening a box filled with a million shards of glass in it. Fool me once....

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adoption, axolotls, leucisitc axolotl, leucistic, rehoming