The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 29th October 2019   #1
feyd

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: feyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chiller temperature fluctuations

Hey everyone!

Been using this place for a while now but my first post now. I have two little black axolotl, Spike and Drucilla. Theyíre going great but Iím always trying to make their lives more luxurious

Iíve recently invested in a chiller as it is coming into the warmer times of the year in Australia. Managed to have it all set up yesterday and it does an awesome job of cooling but Iím just a bit concerned about the fluctuations in temperature. The chiller will lower one degree Celsius in about 30-40 mins and then turns off at the desired temperature. It then takes about an hour and 30 mins to go back up a degree before turning on again.

I know it is only one degree but do you think this could be an issue for my axolotl?

As a side note have any of you had issues with a loud chiller?

feyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chiller or cooler, temperature