The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 1st November 2019   #1
yoonie

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: yoonie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Sick axie maybe :((

Hello!! Iíve had my axie (Mako is his name) for about 2 months now. I started him on pellets and with that he was doing just fine but I wanted to switch him to works bc I didnít want him to get fat, (and he hasnít still from them) but I wanted to see if he liked them so I switched him to small red wriggler worms and I would cut them in half and give it to him well like the 3rd or 4th time he ended up throwing them up.... which I shouldíve stopped there an I didnít 🙃 and I gave it to him one more time just to see,, to make sure,, after feeding him pellets and I accidentally got him constipated and I fridged him for 3 days until he couldnít poop anymore and it worked! But some days heís still floating apparently. Like today I talked to the caretaker I bought him from and she talked to other breeders about it since she didnít know and one of them said that now it might just be a air bubble stuck in his belly somewhere and itís just worrying me so much. Heís not uncomfortable at all! He still plays and swims around but he just canít not keep his butt down some days and itís just upsetting because he tries so hard and he literally has to prop himself in the cave or hold onto the side of his caves to keep himself down... I instantly put him in a tupperware container when I came home and fed him in it and he ate just fine!! I just wanna make sure like does it sound like a bubble? Or does it sound like something else more serious than that?? Someone please help

yoonie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, baby axie, baby axolotl, need help, sick