The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 7th November 2019   #1
LadyxGenesis

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: LadyxGenesis is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Passed Axolotl/ Another Sick?

One of My Axolotl passed away last night all of the sudden. It was quick and totally devastated me last night. I raised her since an Embryo; and I still cannot believe she died. I feel like I did something wrong to cause her to die. And the only closure I want now is how I can find out what killed her and save my other two remaining. My Wild (Artemis) seems fine; itís my Albino Iím worried about now. He was eating last night but was floating when I woke up. Iím just really on edge and distressed cause I donít want to lose Artemis (I hand raised Her too). The only clues I got were that Juno turned Bright red and her mouth was open and her limbs went in a stiff position and Gills curled

LadyxGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
landonewts

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Comments: 0
Rep: landonewts has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Passed Axolotl/ Another Sick?

I am so sorry to hear about Juno. It’s so hard losing them! What are your water conditions/test results, temperature and tank setup? Are your remaining axolotls gills curled forward? Are their tails kinked at the end?

I feel for you, I’m dealing with a sick axolotl right now, and it’s so nerve wracking.

landonewts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl advice