The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 14th March 2018   #1
Nadjmahal

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Nadjmahal is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Tank Stalling?!?! 4ppm

Hi, I've been having issues with the ammonia levels in my tank, and from what I've been reading, I think it's stalled.

My current levels are (have been steady for about a week):
Ammonia: 4ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 80ppm

My ammonia won't go down from 4ppm!!! Initially, it was going from 4ppm to 1ppm in 24 hours, however, for the past week or so it's been stuck at 4! I was told to dose my tank up to 4ppm if it dropped, so that's what I've been doing. Since my ammonia has been stuck at 4ppm I haven't added anything.

I use tap water that has been dechlorinated. I've tested my source water and there is no ammonia present. My tank is 20 gallons and the filter I'm using is for a 40 gallon tank. The tank has been at a steady 70F

Should I be doing a water change? Will that affect just nitrite and nitrate?

Nadjmahal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ammonia, ammonia levels, cycle, cycle crash, stalled, tank