The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 9th November 2005   #61
jordan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Probably while maturing. i don't think its really noticeable in the embryo stage.

Old 10th November 2005   #62
joan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

In the egg, you can tell the difference between the white ones and the dark ones. I know melanoids don't become obviously melanoid (at least to me) until the've gotten their legs. But the difference between white, brown, and gold should be obvious in the egg.

Old 10th November 2005   #63
Michael Shrom
(michael)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I think piebalds come out of leucistic lines. Leucistics start out with pigment but lose it as they develop. It seems the piebalds lose some of the pigment. I talked to a guy that claimed to have some piebalds out of a leucistic line. They never materialized. I have some blotchy looking melanoids that are related to some of my leucistics. I've got a top secret project working on seeing if I can have some piebalds pop up.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2005   #64
jordan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

ooooh top secret.... you working for the CIA? Click the image to open in full size. Good Luck with the piebald search.

Old 12th November 2005   #65
apryl

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Awsome,tell us how that secret project pans out...

Old 12th November 2005   #66
jordan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I don't think he can tell us. He saida its top secret.

Old 13th November 2005   #67
apryl

Gallery Images:
Comments:

True,well I didnt mean the details,just if it works.

Old 14th November 2005   #68
Michael Shrom
(michael)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I'll take some pictures over the Thanksgiving holiday and show the secret project,

michael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harlequin, piebald

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 19th June 2019, 05:59 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.