The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

General Discussion and Identification Not sure what you've got or seen? Ask here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th June 2010   #1
Lamb

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 17
Comments: 9
Rep: Lamb has given consistently excellent advice and informationLamb has given consistently excellent advice and informationLamb has given consistently excellent advice and informationLamb has given consistently excellent advice and informationLamb has given consistently excellent advice and information
Exclamation Narrowmouth toad tadpoles

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone had any experience raising narrowmouth toad tadpoles? If so, have you encountered any difficulties particular to tadpoles in this genus? The reason I ask is because I have recently taken on a hand full of eastern narrowmouth toad tadpoles (Gastrophrne carolinensis) and they are dropping like flies. I have had experience raising ranids, hylids, and bufonids with very little trouble. I know that there are many variables that could be responsible for the high mortality rate (e.g. genetics, disease, husbandry issues), but I wanted to know if there was anything especially difficult about raising tadpoles of Gastrophryne. I have found very little concerning raising these tadpoles on the internet.

Thanks for your input.

Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead, gastrophryne