View Desktop Site Register
Caudata.org - Newts & Salamanders
1 2 3
Newt and Salamander Help>Help identifying this salamander species.
geron 21:47 22nd May 2015
I still have yet to see either of them eat, but the larger one is plumper and has more energy as I picked him up for this picture today. I'll try putting bent tail into a little 2.5 gal with some of the live food I have in the larger tank so I can monitor him. I'll also put in some chopped earthworms to see if he gets at them. They are usually on different side of the tank when I see them so I'm not too sure they are competing for food. But hopefully this will help.

Cliygh and Mia 21:50 22nd May 2015
The bigger one could be forcing the smaller one to an area where there aren't to many food items

geron 00:56 30th May 2015
Bent tail is starting to plump up since I put him in his own setup. :)

Click the image to open in full size.

geron 01:02 30th May 2015
Here is the other one who remains nameless.

Cliygh and Mia 20:04 30th May 2015
BTW, what does Bent Tail's set-up look like?

geron 21:30 30th May 2015
It is pretty bare. Just soil full of springtails isopods and white worms and a hide for him.

Cliygh and Mia 19:52 1st June 2015
Also, how did Bent Tail bend his tail?

geron 03:45 2nd June 2015
It was bent when he arrived to me. You can barely even see it now though since it rounded out.

Cliygh and Mia 14:56 3rd June 2015
Originally Posted by geron:
Here is the other one who remains nameless.

Hey, I have an idea for a name for him: Nameless! Seriously, kind of fits him for some reason but I don't know why...

kanderson624 21:46 6th August 2015
Hi,

Sorry this is a bit late, but I'm pretty sure what you've got are marbled salamanders (Ambystoma opacum). I'm currently raising a ton of marbleds and they look a lot like yours.

Tags:ambystoma talpodeum, idenfication, mole salamander
1 2 3
Reply Up
AdminCP