The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 27th July 2015   #1
jennaxpaige
(jennaxpaige)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: jennaxpaige is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Hello from North Carolina!

My name is Jenna. I just signed up because I am very interested in axolotls. My parents had two corn snakes that they kept in a ten gallon tank but the snakes have since died and I am interested in having an animal. I am not very experienced with aquatic animals - the only amphibian I've had is an African Dwarf Frog of six years. I did some research and I have grown fairly attached to axolotls. I would only keep one in the ten gallon, but I still need some help. Like I said, I've done previous Internet research, but I would feel much more comfortable with an axolotl owner explaining the care process and tank requirements. Also, I am having trouble finding a pet store that sells axolotls near me. ( I live in Charlotte, North Carolina ) I prefer the black wild type, but I am happy with whatever I end up with. Thank you!

jennaxpaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015   #2
Auli
(AuSu)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: AuSu has given consistently good advice and informationAuSu has given consistently good advice and informationAuSu has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Hello from North Carolina!

Welcome to the forum! You can find great information under the axolotl section and I suppose there's even a caresheet. Take a look also to the For sale section, there might be some available from reliable breeders near you. Or set your own "wanted" post (not sure if you need to have five posts before you can do it). This is a great community!

AuSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015   #3
emmaie892000

Nationality:
Rep: emmaie892000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaxpaige View Post
My name is Jenna. I just signed up because I am very interested in axolotls. My parents had two corn snakes that they kept in a ten gallon tank but the snakes have since died and I am interested in having an animal. I am not very experienced with aquatic animals - the only amphibian I've had is an African Dwarf Frog of six years. I did some research and I have grown fairly attached to axolotls. I would only keep one in the ten gallon, but I still need some help. Like I said, I've done previous Internet research, but I would feel much more comfortable with an axolotl owner explaining the care process and tank requirements. Also, I am having trouble finding a pet store that sells axolotls near me. ( I live in Charlotte, North Carolina ) I prefer the black wild type, but I am happy with whatever I end up with. Thank you!
I'm also in NC, near Asheville. I don't think many places here have them, just not a common pet here.
I'm planning on buying one from someone trustworthy on here eventually, once I get the tank set up.
The black ones are called melanoids, I'm planning on getting one of that variety as well
Welcome!

emmaie892000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015   #4
jennaxpaige
(jennaxpaige)

Nationality:
Rep: jennaxpaige is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much! I was a little confused about the color names and such so thank you for clearing that up! I'm still a little confused as to how this website works and I can't find the for sale section If you find a breeder with extra axolotls let me know!

jennaxpaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015   #5
JetMouth
(JetMouth)

Nationality:
Rep: JetMouth is an unknown quantity at this point

If you click on the forum index link at the top of the page, it will take you to a list of the posting categories. Scroll down to the section listed For Sale and click on the USA link. In order to post (either on someone else's ad or to create your own), you have to have made at least 5 posts in other areas (like this one ). Hope that helps and welcome to the site!

JetMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016   #6
Lisa
(LConrad68)

Nationality:
Rep: LConrad68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone!

I know I'm posting late, but I wanted to say I am from North Carolina as well. I live in Gastonia, which is just west of Charlotte, so we're neighbors!

LConrad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2016   #7
Donna
(Donna001)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Donna001 has given good advice and informationDonna001 has given good advice and informationDonna001 has given good advice and information

Welcome to the forum. I spent a lot of time on this site as a guest before getting my axolotls, and the information and experience available on the forum is brilliant.

Donna001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, black wild type, breeder, charlotte nc, new member, north carolina, ten gallon tank