Calci worms

tcbemis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a good supplier in the US? I'm having a disturbingly difficult time finding these guys here.

Also... Does anyone have experience feeding them to spotted salamanders?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if Calci-worms are all what they are made out to be-
There was a thread on here somewhere talking about them and the fact that a lot of animals can't digest them, maybe someone can find it.

You can get them at Petco if you need a small amount or order from Timberline if you need a lot. My fire salamanders ignored them, but they ignore everything but crickets!

Ive had good luck feeding them to a few species; T. rivularis, Salamandra, terrestrial T. marms, and Alpines all ate them without issue. I ordered two different sizes to see how they would work out, the smaller size triggered the best feeding response. They were too expensive for me to be a part of a staple diet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back