Tips for breeding tiger salamanders

elKendo97

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi, I'm interested in the breeding in captivity of tiger salamanders and, despite to have read a few posts I would like to gather tips and tricks to perform it successfully in the future.

Would be grateful all kinds of experiences and opinions May you contribute.

Thank you.

PD: Sorry for my english

Thanks for responding and great work by Mario, the truth is that if which is luck be able to acquire A.tigrinum / mavortium CB, I have two tiger salamanders I bought VitHabal to those of in a national show and I think they are also CB, although I'm not sure. I also think I have a young couple but still do not know.

Here are my salamanders, making the change of substrate I decided to put them in a bowl with water and gave me the feeling that the alleged male seemed to really interested about the alleged female, looking for her and pounding her cloaca and side as well as movements somewhat confusing tail.

I have thought of attempting raise them in an aquatic container 20 gallons outdoors in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neVcW9tPSFg&list=UU6bLC1kgIZSAlhmkjKb5TLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QCP_boE_TM&list=UU6bLC1kgIZSAlhmkjKb5TLQç

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqrNDFIiVDs&list=UU6bLC1kgIZSAlhmkjKb5TLQ

I have seen this type of behaviour in video's which indicate courtship behaviour :)

I personally would not keep them aquatic all the time. Maybe give them access to a water bowl ? Mine do like to wallow and make a terrible mess with their bowl... one tiger will always take its food into the bowl to eat.

Thanks, This is the first winter of my salamanders, I keep them in my bedroom at a temperature of 15 ° C approx. and really do not they surface but rather are buried and passed the winter months underground.

I had intended introduce an aquatic facility male and female days after the installation has a solid terrestrial part to avoid drown course.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back